Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

William Optics GT 81 Equivalents

Hi All

I’m looking at options for my first telescope and am seriously considering the William Optics GT 81.  It’s at the top end of my price range and I’m not seeing any second hand ones for sale so I’m looking at what other similar scopes are available and wondered if anyone here had any opinions / experience to offer.  Any makers to look out for or to avoid?

I’ll be using it primarily for imaging with a DSLR (Canon 7D) and mainly for DSOs.  I’m in a high light pollution area but can drive to better areas reasonably easily so portability is important.  It’ll be sitting on a EQ5 Synscan mount.

Thanks in advance

Michael

The Esprit is a brilliant range of scopes, I have two of them and you will be amazed at the quality. As you got the field flattener that was a blinding deal, IMHO you won't get a better scope for the price.

Archived