Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I just got a Clestron c102-AZ but it only has 1 lense, is there some sort of size I need to know for buying lenses?

If so, what lense size does the celestron c102 az need?

Hello and a warm welcome to the SGL. What size of lens was supplied ? Do you want recommendations for suitable focal lengths to consider . If so it would also be helpful to give an indication of your budget.

Or a low cost zoom such as the Meade or Celestron ones would be a good start.  They're only $62 to $65 here in the states shipped.  The OP doesn't indicate where he or she is located, so this might be an option as well.

It's not too clear which C102 you have. Is it the long focal length one or the short f5?

I ask because the long focal length scope will not be so fussed over what design of eyepiece you buy, while the f5 may be, and it also affects what focal length of eyepiece you ought to buy.

There is a thread in this section of the forum about choosing eyepieces.

You will want to get at least another two eyepieces to give you a range of magnifications appropriate for your telescope. Any eyepiece you buy (if not ultra-cheap) is likely to be better quality than that supplied with the telescope.

Archived