Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HELP WITH VISUAL SPEC

Hi all   I am trying to do my spectrograph in visual spec but not getting on to good,  my visual spec  is  4.3.5 and the tutorials are for 3.0.0 and in a mix of French and English are there any tutorials in English and easy to follow.

peter

Peter,

I use VSpec and BASS Project for spectral processing.

I thought the VSpec tutorials were OK and the Manual helpful. (Similarly for the BASS Project)

What issues are are you having? We can probably assist.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Yes that really did help got from spectrum to graph, if I need  to line up reference spectrum to match resolution of measured spectrum what do I do, cannot find any thing in vspec book about moving things, is this image OK.MIZAR-15-2-22-57-11.jpg.6bd19d778dca50132f9f5830c9cbd76a.jpg

peter

Peter,

Not sure what you mean:

""reference spectrum to match resolution of measured spectrum"" what do you want to move?

Once calibrated the reference should then match the target spectrum....

Yes, your result looks OK

Hi Ken,

This is what I am trying to do line the images up the reference to the measured, image was don in BASS.MIZAR-A-15-2-22-57-11-2.thumb.jpg.4a2e6da3865ec6bf6cbc92a05340f688.jpg

In BASS Project there are a couple of options.

Right click in the active image and you'll see the options "Nudge 1 pixel Left/ right"

Click on active image, "Profile Properties"/ "Calibration" - down the bottom left you'll see "Lambda Offset (nm)" - you can enter a number. Apply, then OK and Refresh the Chart.

I'd need to double check the options in VSpec.....

The real question is - why doesn't the calibration match??? Are you using a Neon or Relco lamp? 

Hi Peter,

You cannot just "nudge" the spectra,there must be something wrong with the wavelength calibration which you need to sort out.

You are going round in circles. I recommend sticking with one program (and staying with one forum. I see your same questions on  3 or 4 different forums)

Follow the tutorials  I gave you on the BAA forum last year and again today. 

https://britastro.org/comment/3815#comment-3815

https://www.britastro.org/comment/4560#comment-4560

If you  get stuck at a particular point, ask there with the exact details of what went wrong and I will try to help

Robin

Archived