Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

APP Reprocess of Soul Nebula from Oct 2017

Adam J

This is a reprocess of my Soul Nebula taken with a 130PDS and Cooled 550D back in Oct 2017. I was never able to get the Flats to calibrate the OIII data properly with DSS and so thought I would try again with my newly purchased Astro Pixel Processor license.

This is 16 x 1200s Ha with a 7nm Baader filter at ISO800 and 8 x 1200s OIII with a 8.5nm Baader filter at ISO800.

5aa2e4cbe80d5_APPHA060320182monojpg.thumb.jpg.7fbbee29dc1ca464788138b10d4fe9ac.jpg5aa2e457d1ee2_RGBLAYERDcolourblanced4-3.thumb.jpg.5838530da77cb48745b9ed2ff0da4a35.jpg

I know its not the usual pallet but let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking

Adam

I like the outcome, I currently use APP just for calibration and stacking, then Startools and PS, but APP’s processing tools look pretty comprehensive, and just as important for me, reasonably straightforward to use.

You certainly have used them to good effect on your Soul Nebula data.?

28 minutes ago, tomato said:

I like the outcome, I currently use APP just for calibration and stacking, then Startools and PS, but APP’s processing tools look pretty comprehensive, and just as important for me, reasonably straightforward to use.

You certainly have used them to good effect on your Soul Nebula data.?

I should probably say that I did use PS CS2 also to process, but combined the channels in APP.

Thanks for the comment glad you like it.

That's worked really well this time round. Did the OIII look nicely corrected ?

The pallet looks OK to me. Perhaps a little bright on my screen but that's the problem, it could just be my screen.

That little scope still impresses me ! 

Dave.

2 hours ago, davew said:

That's worked really well this time round. Did the OIII look nicely corrected ?

The pallet looks OK to me. Perhaps a little bright on my screen but that's the problem, it could just be my screen.

That little scope still impresses me ! 

Dave.

Thanks, yes I dimmed my monitor slightly and it does look better. The OIII turned out well with the vignetting removed, the previous version had issues as it was not as well defined due to being blended with the vignetting.

The 130PDS  is a very nice scope and I am not planning of changing it for an ED80 or similar any time soon.

I do find that when I view any astro image on a smart phone it looks very over saturated in comparison to my laptop.....

Archived