Adapter query

Paz

I am trying to find out if an adapter exists that will allow me to connect a diagonal straight on to a filter wheel. I wasn't sure what forum such a query should go in (please move my thread if it is in the wrong place). It is not to do with imaging as such, and I am a complete ignoramus when it comes to imaging but when I do in passing catch snippets of imaging talk I have noticed imagers have all sorts of contraptions and adapters to connect one thing to another and so you may be better placed to advise. Here's my query in pictures...

If I connect my diagonal to my filter wheel I cannot get enough in focus when using my st120...

20180302_223940_HDR_crop_746x715.jpg.d6f13d03569a09dde677fe22d91a372f.jpg

I wondered if I take out the bits in the middle...

20180302_224147_HDR_crop_778x747.jpg.c258f63f74539af2f69330d0d556e167.jpg

...is there a low profile adapter that will allow me to connect them together with a shorter light path...

20180302_224305_HDR_crop_774x747.jpg.3c8822eea7e06ac5f65e804af6563f57.jpg

I have trawled the various adapters on the internet but have no confidence in knowing what I'm looking at.

The diagonal thread is about 27mm or 28mm diameter and the filter wheel thread is about 42mm.

1 hour ago, Knighty2112 said:

I had a filter wheel a while ago, but in my refractors I could never get nough inward focus to get it to focus correctly. Or keep OK in my Celestron Mak as that has tons of focus, but ended up selling it anyway. 

I'm have found the same, I can focus easily with my maksutov but not quite with the refractor. My Tak prism almost allows  it but if I can lash the w o diagonal straight onto the filter wheel I think that will be winning.

Obviously you need a diagonal to achieve focus with a eyepiece,are you trying to connect a DSLR? With my 80ed I had to connect straight onto the tube with a connetor to enable me to use the reducer/flattener ..im not 100% up on your setup and what you'e trying to achieve

Yes as mentioned above, you are going to be lucky to get the eyepiece inwards enough to get to focus on a frac with the diagonal and filter wheel.  You could remove the diagonal and put the eyepiece in to the eyepiece holder of the filter wheel.  It may not be ideal for you, but it will confirm that it is the distance that is the issue.

You can get a low profile M54 (m) to T2 (m) adaptor, but that still may not be enough.

Archived