Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Horse head processing difficulty

On 03/03/2018 at 19:19, alacant said:

Hi. Also with a CLS. The flame returns to flame colour with the slightest magenta or cyan tweak. Worth a try? Tip: always work with original side by side for comparison, otherwise you go way off... HTH

cmyk.JPG.3b624c4a37daf3bba1554823c5a44dba.JPG

Yes I've fiddled a lot with it! I looked at yours with the cls (nice picture) but even yours I have noticed the same thing which happens with mine. The clouds go orange over the horsehead but quite difficult to have those a deeper red and the flame more orange. I had a look at Ollys on smugmug and his is more mauve in colour but the flame is a lovely orange yellow as he said. I guess it's definitely no cake and eat it. :) 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Gerry Casa Christiana said:

clouds go orange over the horsehead

Yeah. Afraid so. But hey, it's a sight better than the hideous blue and yellow stuff that seems fashionable these days!

14 minutes ago, alacant said:

Yeah. Afraid so. But hey, it's a sight better than the hideous blue and yellow stuff that seems fashionable these days!

I try to keep things as natural as possible. What we need I guess is a colour database of what colour Hydrogen alpha actually is but I wouldn't be that obsessive. Be nice though if they built it into a processing program! 

Archived