Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette Nebula in Ha 24/25th

Yawning Angel

My first proper outing with a new setup, coming from a DSLR to Mono CMOS, the curve has been steep!

The predominance of cloudy evenings has had one benefit - I spend quite some time sorting out my cables and routing everything through a USB3 hub then into a braid. Setup is now simply 1 x USB into the laptop and 1 x 12V into the tank.

Only managed to grab 10 x 2mins on the Rosette in Ha before loosing the target behind my house. Couldn't resist the big shiny lightbulb too (not Deep sky...sorry), and did manage the full spread of RGB

Remember, it's my first time, be gentle

5a953f5e68fa8_RosetteHa.thumb.jpg.4f752325e9f1acadc64a6809308b35cf.jpg5a953f620f61f_lrgbmoon.thumb.png.689d8c3f5c9de4701cba12c0051edaf0.pngIMG_0826.thumb.jpg.298d23cd5edb13b42c1a75c0f0ba2451.jpg

Nice work - like the Moon in particular - and your set up is very similar to the one I use at star parties (camera and mount)

Did you guide these shots?

I'm going to try unguided at Kelling with the ASI1600MM at 60sec intervals (although I will take my guide camera and scope :-))

David

Thank you David!

The Rosette shot is guided, yes...well, it was until the OAG saw the side of the house :-) For the Moon, it was just the mount tracking. The RGB frames needed a little nudge to align them, but the AVX had done a pretty good job staying on target

Archived