NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASI120MM-S What Can I Do With This?

Paul73

Hi Folks

I have procured a nice red ZWO ASI120MM-S and a 2.5x Powermate to capture the sun in all its glory.

B69BAE2B-02D3-405B-8953-F08FB2E9E662.thumb.jpeg.fd8c0f7db60aceef92dd060ef64b9edb.jpeg

This got me to thinking “Now that I have the camara ........ what else could I capture?”

I currently have a f7.5 SW ED120, a 16” Dob and a 70mm Celestron (which I use as a finder scope for the Dob with a 25mm Plossl). I have no driven or Equatorial mounts.

What can I image now with minimal additional expenditure?

And, if I spent £500, what could I have a reasonable shot at? 

Any thoughts greatfully received.

Paul

I'd try it in the Dob. With a small chip it'll be a swine to keep a planet in the FOV but if you stick at it you might be able to get enough shots to stack in Registax or AutoStakkert. It's been done before so why not?

Between both scopes you should get some good lunar images.

Without at least a goto alt-az I don't think you'd have any chance with DSOs, and as others have said I wouldn't get sucked down that route just because you have the camera.

Billy.

Archived