2x Barlow for SW 130p flextube

Hello Everybody,

I have a new grab and go telescope SW heritage 130p flextube.
Really like this small scope.

Also i have a question about the SW heritage 130p flextube.
I want to buy a 2x times Barlow for it, but the focal travel on the flextube seems to be short.

Does anyone have experience with a Barlow and the SW heritage 130p flextube?

I like to ask some advice which barlow to buy that does not cause focus problems.

Thank you in advance, greetings Gert

Hello, Gert,

I'm a pleased owner of a 130 P Flextube, and it works well with the Baader 2,25 Barlow (in combination with the Seben Zoom 8-24 and the ES 26 mmf 62 degrees LER). No problems to get into focus with the Baader Hyperion Zoom either; the same goes for the Skywatcher UWA's, and some Orthoscopics.

Stephan

Newts are great with just about any length barlow because they intercept the light cone early and actually add to back focus.  You can just move the barlow in and out until it reaches parfocality with the non-barlow mode and then lock it down.  Poor focusers might allow the barlow to wobble a bit in this state because the barlow is not seated at its shoulder, but it's not horrible either.

Another vote for the Baader 2.25x. I’m not a Barlow fan. But this baby works well, again with a zoom.

I’d certainly stick with the physically shorter models to avoid balance issues and too much strain on the focuser.

Paul

Archived