Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light Canon 200d M42 (yes another one)

Dinglem

So last night got a chance to go out and play with my new camera and as it was easy decided to see how it performed on M42, which is the only object I've put on here before.

After fiddling about for ages getting the PA as good as possible, I shot off 20 60s subs at ISO800 and ISO400; then when my camera battery was getting low I took some darks at both settings.

This morning have taken some flats using pc monitor and notepad, it appears to work ok. Ive stacked them both in AA6, but no further processing yet. I'm suprised how bright the core is at ISO 400, when I get the chance will have to get some shorter subs for the core and process them fully.

Any comments/advice welcome.

M42_ISO800.jpg

M42_ISO400.jpg

2 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

Excellent results with so little data.

Just to confirm (apologies if this sounds patronising) everything was left set up until you took the flats, wasn't it (rather than putting it back together again)?

Yes as my sweatheart commented this morning about everything hanging off it, home-made dew heaters/shields etc :grin:

Archived