Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lakeside Focuser Question

Hi all,

I would've called IK but he has closed his shop for the day so thought i'd ask the question here.

I've been thinking about buying a Lakeside focuser for a while now and one thing led to another and i couldn't afford to buy it then.

A friend of mine doesn't need his controller any more so basically he sold me his controller box for nearly 1/4th of the original price so that's a bargain.

Now here's my question, i will be needing the stepper motor and a bracket which on IK's website lists at £130. Will this price include the cable, coupler and the inbuilt temperature sensor as well?

Thanks 

Hi Ahmed, what are you fitting it on ? if it's the WO Star 71 I've got a spare bracket and cable you're welcome to.

Just need the motor and coupler then, the temp' sensor is built into the motor loom.

Ian sells all the bits separately.

Dave

10 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Hi Ahmed, what are you fitting it on ? if it's the WO Star 71 I've got a spare bracket and cable you're welcome to.

Just need the motor and coupler then, the temp' sensor is built into the motor loom.

Ian sells all the bits separately.

Dave

Top man, cheers mate. much appreciated.

Yes mate, it's the WO71 that i'm going to attach to.

10 minutes ago, PhotoGav said:

Yes, pretty certain that the £130 option is for a stepper motor, bracket and coupler. The stepper motor has the temperature sensor on it.

Good luck, you won't regret the move!

This friend who's got the same focuser, i recommended it to him. He's well happy with it.

Well i am hoping for that £130 it will all be included because later i will be doing the same with your recommendation on EdgeHD 8" as well :) Trying to get ready for the galaxy season minus the mosquito bites :)

I've just bought the following from Ian as below: -

Order summary:

1 x Lakeside Motor Focuser Accessories (Extra Stepper Motor with Bracket)

Delivery: £4.00 (Royal Mail)

Total price: £124.00

It didn't come with cables but I can make my own up apart from the ribbon cable anyway.

Archived