William Optics Z73

All been well I should be picking up my new W/O Z73 come the weekend, all depending if RVO get the shipment in. Question I want to ask and the reason in getting this scope is I am wanting to do some wide visual imaging, but will my Starlight Express Ultra C be the right mix with the scope and why do I feel I my need an extension tube to reach focus? Help and advice welcome, but also any advice from an W/O Z73 owner would be great.

20 minutes ago, greealilee said:

All been well I should be picking up my new W/O Z73 come the weekend, all depending if RVO get the shipment in. Question I want to ask and the reason in getting this scope is I am wanting to do some wide visual imaging, but will my Starlight Express Ultra C be the right mix with the scope and why do I feel I my need an extension tube to reach focus? Help and advice welcome, but also any advice from an W/O Z73 owner would be great.

I have been waiting about for someone to post an image with one of these scopes for two months now and still no luck, not sure if there are any ZS73 owners about. You may be the pioneer!

Why do I feel there is a story evolving here. When I tried to purchase this scope last week I just missed out by a few hours of the last one been sold, also knowing that this is a new release (not sure how new) was hoping that someone may have one to let me know how they are getting on with it. Hopefully its a sign of good things to come, will follow up with some images once I get my head around it.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 16:29, greealilee said:

Why do I feel there is a story evolving here. When I tried to purchase this scope last week I just missed out by a few hours of the last one been sold, also knowing that this is a new release (not sure how new) was hoping that someone may have one to let me know how they are getting on with it. Hopefully its a sign of good things to come, will follow up with some images once I get my head around it.

The WO website shows it as "in stock" in gold. I've read a couple of good reports on it; they impressed me enough that I can't wait for an opportunity to see how well my GT81 will do with and without the reducer with a DSLR. I've only had the chance to use it for visual a couple of times since I got it after Christmas, and the clarity was stunning.

Thanks, so now I have to go through the ritual of 2 weeks of cloud and rain before the stars allow me to use it. I must say that when I started out in astronomy 4 years ago did I realise how much joy I would get out of this and how little money I would have. A big shout out to Adam at Rother Valley Optics for all his time and advice on this new purchase and also 4 years of support on this. 

If a learning curve keeps curving do you at some point end up where you started at!

• 6 months later...

greealilee , ive just purchased the same scope (albeit the red one as it was the only one available ).. ive yet to use it , but ive now bought a flattener ...the only thing missing was the finderscope .. did yours come with the finder or did you order it separately ? This scope looks beautiful and i cant wait to use it ... have you had chance to post any images yet ?

Stu

Stu

I bought the WO RDF at a later stage and having spent several hours and a return back to the shop to try and work out how to fit it, I finally got there. Image wise please see below, I have yet to get some DSO mainly due to weather, time, bad set up and been a little wet around the ears when it comes to imaging. All in all its a lovely scope and have not look back since as I moved away from my Celestron 8SE (but not forgotten). With the nights drawing in again im thinking of getting a second hand DSLR and giving that a go. What set up are you using and wish you good viewing with your new scope.

Lee

moon 25.02.2018.jpg

Archived