NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HELP

I keep getting a problem with this new scope.

the handset keeps locking up, when I turn it off and then back on, all though the handset lights up no information is shown on the display and it doesnt respond to any of the keys .I have tried it with a power pack and from the car lighter

any Ideas

Martin 2

Mmmmm keep it off for a while and hope it sorts itself out then Martin, aim sure Rog may shed light on this when he comes online mate. There's no internal battery is there? in the handset that is.. if so maybe thats flat you know the kind that keeps the location in the handsets memory..

Good luck hope you sort it soon Martin.

Its a s/h scope, I spoke to the guy I got it from and he phoned them(david hinds ). They wernt sure but thought it might be todo with the power pack running low on juice, wether this would cause it to not work even when changing the power source I dont know

Martin 2

Sorry to hear that.

If you are lucky, it'll still be under its original warranty.

Mind you, at least it shows that Celestron have problems too - with so many more Meade users out there commenting on their kit, it gives the false impression that GOTO problems are unique to Meade...

Sorry, that probably doesn't help :|

You can upgrade your firmware on the more recent hand controllers from celestron, but you need a special cable to connect the hand controller to your PC. Not much about £15 i think. Loads on ebay. Make sure you get the upgrade cable not the control cable as there are 2 sorts if i remember corectly. Also the advice about your powerpack being low is a good one. I have a nexstar 80gt and if my battery starts to run low the scope goes mad and slews without stopping till i pull the power out. Also the display blanks but the back light stays on. A swift change of my rechargable batteries solves the problem and gives me another 6 hours observing.

Archived