Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p_winners.thumb.jpg.b3d48fd93cbd17bff31f578b27cc6f0d.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Thought I should at least enter this, although I generally stay away from competitions where I am not the only judge ;).

This is a shot of Plato plus surroundings, taken with an iPhone 6 Plus handheld at the eyepiece.

Scope: Tak FC100DC (another 50p in the swear box!)

Eyepiece: 3 to 6 Nag Zoom at 3mm setting (I think!) giving x246.

Mount: AZGTi on Gitzo tripod

Taken using Procam 4 and cropped and processed using PS Express, all on the phone.

IMG_6211.JPG

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Miguel1983
      Hi,
      since i started wordk on my observatory there hasn't been much time for AP, but since lunar photography is done in minutes i had a go yesterday.
      Gear:
      SW AZGTI with the Skymax127 and Sony A6300 and Baader Neodymium Moon & skyglow filter.
      100 frames taken and 50% used to stack in autostackerd.

• By barkingsteve
      c925 and 294mc pro bin 1  with ir/uv cut filter. 2 panel mosaic best 25% of 1,000 .   Had to convert to jpeg as i keep getting an error 200 when trying to upload a larger file. ( 50+ mb )  clicky for full rez.

and a few with the 385c camera with neodymium filter and mostly barlowed.

• By Rhushikesh-Canisminor
      Posting in this forum after too long!
      One of the first attempts at taking photos of the moon.
      All photos taken using skywatcher 90mm refractor with eq2 mount, Nikon DSLR and 2x Barlow here and there.
      No exposure.
      Basic editing in cellphone.
      Thank you! Suggestions highly appreciated!

• By rob_r
      Another clear evening on Saturday near Preston, Lancashire. Although, it was pretty cold. 

7 shots into this one (plus one dark), stacked within Photoshop and some level adjustments to brighten it up a little.
      Camera: Canon 600D
      Scope: Skywatcher 127 w/AZ-GTI mount
      ISO: 800
      Shutter speed: 1/400s

• By wouterdhoye
      Hi,
      included some images of April 12th.
      One image of Vallis Alpes, witht he large craters Arsitoteles and Eudoxus.
      Rima Hyginus, with lower in the image Triesnecker and Rimae Triesneckes to the right of it.
      The Apennines. A large mountain range. This is a two panel mosaic.
      and last byt not least a high res image of the lunar terminator from the Large crater Ptolemaeus all the way to the South pole.
      All images made using CFF CC300 f/20 and asi 174MM at prime focus. An Astronomik proplanet 807 filter was used to stabilize seeing.
      Enjoy the images, and feel free to share your toughts, comments etc. All images are also visible on my Astrobin page.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.