Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 Re-edit

jgs001

Ok, firstly, in my original stack, the left third of the image was moved to the right of the frame after stacking, it looked most peculiar, anyway, the cause of this was the 30 second frame. Not enough data I reckon threw DSS a curve ball. Anyway, I restacked, had a play in the adjustments in DSS, passed it to PS and worked a bit there. Here's the result.

m27-1.jpg

Cheers Jon, it is fun but the processing afterwards is what's getting me... Good luck with it :thumbright: I've found that lowish (up to maybe 45 degrees) I can get away with 2 minute subs, but I'm throwing between 40 and 50% due to tracking errors. So I just take loads ....

Thanks Billy... I bet there will be something, there always is :smiley:.... We shall see. My desktop has been stacking last nights images for the better part of the past three hours, ok it's several different ones... Need more disk space and a faster machine, but that's not going to be happening any time soon... ho hum.

Funny my quad core with 4BB fast ram and 1.5TB of disk (1x1TB and 500GB) seems to eat the stacking :smiley:

I got fed up of waiting ...

DSS can make use of all the cores and resources you chuck at it....

if you have a couple of drives its worth moving the various files around a bit so that you have the source data on one drive and the temp files get written to another... they ideally need to be different physical drives rather than partitions as well...

Billy...

Archived