Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

folder with raw L,R,G,B,images inc darks ,flats and bias req

iwols

hi all decided this year im going to try and get my head round pixinsight,and wondered if anyone had a folder with a deecent set of raw LRGB images with  darks flats and bias i could use to experiment with,a lot of the online tutorials seem to have some images with them but all at different processing stages,thanks in advance

I can help, here's a link to a zip file with some raw data for the Outer Limits Galaxy (NGC891) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx0oer35zup1zr2/outer_limits.zip?dl=0  (400MB)

I've already calibrated and integrated the flats, darks and bias since it's way too much data to upload otherwise, but you've got all the raw L, R, G and B lights in there.  Everything should be self-explanatory.  Not enough data really, needed at least another night, and I kind of got bored with the target and went off nebula hunting instead, but you should be able to make something of it.  Probably some coma in there too which I've since fixed, but it's a small target so should easily crop away.  Equipment used is as per my sig.

Nothing dodgy in that zip file, I promise !  Please let me know once you've downloaded it, because I want to remove it from my Dropbox.

You can use the data as you wish, on two conditions:

- if you publish it anywhere, credit me for the image capture

- you send me a hi-res xisf or tiff of your final work for me to publish if I want (I'll credit you for the processing if I do)

Cheers, and have fun,

Stuart

Archived