Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_widefield.jpg.36065d79cb2625eb299137a5b4432c96.jpg

iwols

folder with raw L,R,G,B,images inc darks ,flats and bias req

iwols    173

hi all decided this year im going to try and get my head round pixinsight,and wondered if anyone had a folder with a deecent set of raw LRGB images with  darks flats and bias i could use to experiment with,a lot of the online tutorials seem to have some images with them but all at different processing stages,thanks in advance

moise212    561

I can share with you later the resulting stacks of an M33. L, R, G, B and some Ha. Let me know if you're interested in the stacks only and if you want me to align them too. There's no magic behind stacking separate mono subs and colour ones.

I used them for this: https://www.astrobin.com/313011/

Edited by moise212
  • Like 1

iwols    173

thanks moise,im after the original LRGB images as they come out the camera to practice processing with if thats possible cheers

moise212    561

I'm afraid I can't easily share ~12GB of data. However, there's not much you can do different about calibration, stacking.

• Like 1

glowingturnip    864

I can help, here's a link to a zip file with some raw data for the Outer Limits Galaxy (NGC891) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx0oer35zup1zr2/outer_limits.zip?dl=0  (400MB)

I've already calibrated and integrated the flats, darks and bias since it's way too much data to upload otherwise, but you've got all the raw L, R, G and B lights in there.  Everything should be self-explanatory.  Not enough data really, needed at least another night, and I kind of got bored with the target and went off nebula hunting instead, but you should be able to make something of it.  Probably some coma in there too which I've since fixed, but it's a small target so should easily crop away.  Equipment used is as per my sig.

Nothing dodgy in that zip file, I promise !  Please let me know once you've downloaded it, because I want to remove it from my Dropbox.

You can use the data as you wish, on two conditions:

- if you publish it anywhere, credit me for the image capture

- you send me a hi-res xisf or tiff of your final work for me to publish if I want (I'll credit you for the processing if I do)

Cheers, and have fun,

Stuart

Edited by glowingturnip
  • Like 1

iwols    173

thanks stuart for that,just downloaded the zip,so be prepared for a few questions :confused2:(only kidding),what do you use to process the data with?

iwols    173

cheers stuart do you have a finished image so i know what i should be looking for with this data and btw some great images on your flickr page

glowingturnip    864

I don't have a finished image, that's virgin data there - looking forward to seeing what you make of it !

should look something like this (someone else's image):

tumblr_nw08jtZ6Ji1u99x4fo1_500.jpg

let me know how you get on

iwols    173

cheers stuart  will  do :help: