Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flame and Horshead Preview...

Psychobilly

Just a single frame caught early of the framing for the Flame & Horshead Nebula stack i'm working on later...I'm capturign subs until dawn on that oen ratehr than redoing M42/M43 at F6.3...I think it will be worth it :smiley:

8828_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Got to work out where that reflection is coming from though :bino2:

Ok one for the experts...

Whats out of alignment in the system to cause the "reflection" of the primary ist it simply collimation (or lack of ) ? - I think this is also giving the impression of elongated stars on the samller ones...and I know the distance between the FR and the CCD is wrong :bino2:

So here's a very disappointing stack - as well as the elongation the vignetting was horrendous and has been very crudely "fixed" :p

8830_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

If I can get the issues sorted i think the general framing for the FOV is about right ....

Help Please :smiley:

Billy...

On that note...time for a few hours ugly sleep before breakfast....

Thanks Glenn,

I haven't been able to get to sleep because I am so disappointed with this shot... it's my own fault for trying to be a smartar53 with the Reducer/filter combo on the back of the scope (posted a thread in the imaging discussion section for advice).

If I can get the configuration right then the framing is almost exactly what I had in mind so the center Ra/DEC cor-ords and the camera rotation angle have been recorded for "posterity" (written on the wall of the obs in permenant marker)

Billy..

Archived