Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2" filter in Canon throat

alacant

47 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

a 1.25” filter screwed inside the T adapter

It vignettes and will not fit inside the OAG:(

Has to be in the mouth of the camera. Blu-tak will do it but I thought there maybe an elegant solution.

Cheers

1 hour ago, alacant said:

Moon and Sky-glow. Not available:(

Purchase a clear clip filter second hand (it wont cost much if you find one). Its even not that much new.

The front of the clip is basically a sticker that holds a 1.25 inch filter in place. Remove the sticker and the filter will fall out.

At that point get a 1.25 inch moon and sky glow, remove it from its mount and drop it into the clip, but first apply some black silicon to the clip in very very sparing amounts using a pin to the rim of the clip. Make sure you clean off any excess with alcohol before it drys.

You have your filter.

I have done just this myself. But I did it because I wanted to remove the obstruction of the slicker for a larger clear aperture. 

WP_20161113_008.thumb.jpg.03510957e7b9ad276c8686f65e05cc8b.jpg

WP_20161113_010.thumb.jpg.6fd63a52b6c056d731f3f7aaad022e76.jpg

8 hours ago, Adam J said:

Remove the sticker and the filter will fall out.

Thanks Adam. Brilliant solution:)

EDIT: phew. Not easy to find an empty eos clip. Just contacted astronomics and optolong. Let's wait and see...

57 minutes ago, alacant said:

Thanks Adam. Brilliant solution:)

EDIT: phew. Not easy to find an empty eos clip. Just contacted astronomics and optolong. Let's wait and see...

By clear I meant a clear glass clip. I don't think you can purchase an empty one. 

Archived