Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

I took various shots round this rock ! This is the one I like best. I shot this in landscape and although it crops off the sky that way, I preferred the sand vista instead.

Nikon D750, Tamron 15 - 30 mm f2.8 lens, ISO 800, 15mm at f2.8 for 20 seconds.

This one was very simple to process in comparison to the Morecambe Bay ( Portrait ) Sequator stack. The colour temperature was dropped a little. Highlights were raised to show off the rocks in the moon light ! I used a software graduated filter to flatten the sky and the shadows were rescued a bit. The main thing was deciding where to crop square. I chose the sweep of the stream which neatly chops off the worst of the moon, to the right and the houses on the left near the beach :) I thought I'd changed the exposure value but when I just checked, I hadn't. 

I think the stars in the pool are better in this version too.

Dave.

Morecambe Sands.jpg

Edited by davew
  • Like 12

I love the lead lines of the water.... It makes you follow it to the horizon!!! I do like this a lot :) 

• Thanks 1

Cheers Sara,

It's a good job the moon was up. I wouldn't have seen the water or the rocks if it hadn't have been !

Dave.

It's a wonderful photo. I like that bank of clouds. It adds a great deal of atmosphere.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

it is a very good capture and composition well done Dave :thumbright:

• Thanks 1