NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Nexstar 6SE imaging diagonal help

Hello all

So i have a 450d canon which im using to take my images but have seen lots of images of peoples setups where they remove the diagonal off the back.

Should i be doing the same? Is there a difference in the image  without?

Its just that the camera screen and buttons are better located with the diagonal on.

I have the f6.3 focal reducer also. Not sure if that would makes a difference.

Thank you

9 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Depends on what you're imaging..a diagonal doesn't degrade a image that you can see..only difference is it's the other way up

Ive just started taking images. Heres my first one which was low on the horizon. It seems a little fuzzy. I need to try again when higher in the sky. Its m3? something.

FB_IMG_1514140215045.jpg

14 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Depends on what you're imaging..a diagonal doesn't degrade a image that you can see..only difference is it's the other way up

Unless you are using a dielectric diagonal with 99% reflectivity then the amount of light reaching the sensor has been reduced and degraded. Keeping the image path straight reduces all unnecessary air/glass interfaces. 

Archived