Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Would EQMOD affect PHD?

tooth_dr

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

To be fair you did send me a message after I had put on the forum that I had paid for it, so what could I do?

It could be the lead, but I'd say it's an issue with settings somewhere?

I'm using APT/PHD1, and just used the windows drivers, Windows 7, when I plugged in the USB cable, but I read that you need to download prolific ones of their site.

Thats very true and i wasn’t criticising.. as many people use them with great results, i dont think it will be that as all other functions are working via the same cable.. :)

9 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

Thats very true and i wasn’t criticising.. as many people use them with great results, i dont think it will be that as all other functions are working via the same cable.. :)

Aplogies William, my post came across wrong, in work and it was a short quick message between pts :)

2 minutes ago, Merlin66 said:

Using the ST4 connections and PHD; the only thing EQMod could influence would be the guide speed (Check EQmod Ascom Setup Pulse v's ST-4)

"Autoguider Port (ST-4) Guide rate" - this is usually set to x0.5 

Pulseguiding is what I am using, no doubt something simple is wrong. 

Hi there. I do not know if this will help. As I am learning and reading about PHD2, found this guidelines from the PHD2 guys.

Regards, Fernando

Once you have connected the mount and before you calibrate or guide in PHD2, update your EQASCOM settings

• set the RA and Dec Guide rates to a high value like 0.9x. We recommend at least 0.5x.

• set the minimum pulse duration to its minimum value,

• disable Dec backlash,

• disable pulse width override.

image.png

Archived