Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to set DSLR up for multiple exposures ?

Think I'll have to buy an intervalometer. 

I set the shutter to bulb in DSLR controller and 5000ms (5 second) exposures.. then an interval of 5 seconds between each exposure and 5 shots.

It started off initially counting down from 5 seconds between exposures but towards the end it when an exposure had finished the interval timer ran down from about 2 or 3 seconds. I find the whole app / wifi thing a bit naff tbh, takes a while to connect sometimes and it just feels a bit slow and laggy.. 

I'll buy an intervalometer and then when I get good at things I'll connect my laptop to it and control it from that with APT or so. Thanks for the advice guys.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not just the connection I find the timing of the controller a bit off. as said if i dial in a 5 second interval between exposures it counts down from 5 initially but then starts getting quicker and quicker and towards the end of the time lapse exposure interval count downs start from about 3 seconds or so.

On 09/12/2017 at 12:41, smr said:

what's the theory behind it? why not leave 2 or 5 seconds between each shot? what is the difference? Is it to let the sensor cool between each shot or something?

It's because if you take a 30s exposure it takes 30s to write

ot called dark subtraction that's why it starts a 5s then 3s

because it's still writing to the card a taking another exposure

hope it all makes sense

neil

Archived