Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging into Twilight?

Desperate to maximise clear skies? :)

I'll sometimes finish a narrowband Ha or Sii run into early twilight, but these dense filters cut out the worst. For luminance or colour filters, or with a OSC camera I no longer bother if it isn't astronomical darkness. Better to hold out for better quality if you can, and darker skies are the answer.

NB can image into twilight, the narrower the better, 3nm if you can afford them. For LRGB I wouldn't bother, the same with moonlight, which has the same effect.

My rule for (3nm) NB is:

Moonlight, Twilight, Streetlight, pick two. Since I have constant Streetlight it means either Moonlight or Twilight but not both.

YMMV

3 minutes ago, DaveS said:

NB can image into twilight, the narrower the better, 3nm if you can afford them. For LRGB I wouldn't bother, the same with moonlight, which has the same effect.

My rule for (3nm) NB is:

Moonlight, Twilight, Streetlight, pick two. Since I have constant Streetlight it means either Moonlight or Twilight but not both.

YMMV

I like that, one for the notebook.

Archived