NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mains adapter or 12V?

12 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

Say a piece of gear comes with its own mains adapter (to 12C of course) or you can power it directly from your 12V distribution  system that you use for other things.  What do you guys do?  

I always leave the supplied adaptor in the box and make my own cable up so it is exactly the right length and plugs in to my hub on top of my OTA.

Me too except that when I came to sell my second 460EX the power cable wasn't in the box.  I never use cigar(ette) plugs as I've found the very unreliable in the past.

9 minutes ago, Gina said:

Me too except that when I came to sell my second 460EX the power cable wasn't in the box.  I never use cigar(ette) plugs as I've found the very unreliable in the past.

Oh dear... still looking?

ZWO cooled astro cameras don't come with a power cable even though they require a 12v supply.  I guess they reckon users will source (or make) their own cables to suit the supply.  I had thought of putting a ZWO power cable with my 460EX but... no ZWO power cable!  The camera power connector is the standard 2.1mm diameter x 5.5mm long (same as Atik).

1 minute ago, Gina said:

ZWO cooled astro cameras don't come with a power cable even though they require a 12v supply.  I guess they reckon users will source (or make) their own cables to suit the supply.  I had thought of putting a ZWO power cable with my 460EX but... no ZWO power cable!

I think because I never use them Gina I seem to have hundreds!  Whenever I open a tub looking for something I seem to come across one!   Wish I had known you needed one I would have happily sent one to reduce my stock.

I have a third 460EX I shall probably sell and that also needs a power cable though I'll probably find a power cable with cigar plug.  I should have several for the same reason.  Why do you always come across things when you don't want them but can never find what you want.  Oh, I know the answer...  "Your place is sheer chaos!!" :D

59 minutes ago, Gina said:

I have a third 460EX I shall probably sell and that also needs a power cable though I'll probably find a power cable with cigar plug.  I should have several for the same reason.  Why do you always come across things when you don't want them but can never find what you want.  Oh, I know the answer...  "Your place is sheer chaos!!" :D

I have that with USB leads.  When I want a micro USB all I find are hundreds of mini USB, but if I want a mini, guess what turns up!!

Archived