Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik Filter Wheel and MaximDL...

RichieJarvis

No idea m8 but there must be someone on the forum who is using the Atik filter wheel and controlling it through maxim.

Hope you get it sorted Richie

Have you though about joining the maxim yahoo group or the Atik one for that matter, they might be able to help

The ASCOM Filter Wheel driver is installed - it works fine - I've been playing with it.

The list of Filter Wheels in Maxim does not include ASCOM - thats the problem. According to Maxim, it should be a plugin for Maxim - thats what I am trying to find, NOT the ASCOM driver, I have that already.

Thanks,

Richie

In my versions of Maxim, when I select Camera Control -> Set Up Filter , the "Filter or Controlling Camera Model" lists ASCOM - is that what you want / have?

In the Advanced dialogue, you pick and configure for your specific wheel. When I try it tells me I have no driver - presumably if I had your Atik / Artemis driver copied into the Maxim directory I'd be in business?

Mike

Looking in the directory for version 4.61, I have an entry

CCDPlugASCOM.dll - 140K - 3/8/2007

Is that what you have?

Sounds like I have a working Maxim and you have a filter wheel - is this what they call a Mexican stand-off? :smiley::bino2::p

Mike

Hi All,

Problem solved - the ASCOM plugin for Filter Wheels does not seem to be included in MaximDL 4.57. I've downloaded the 5.01 demo, and the Atik filter wheel works perfectly.

Thank you Mike for the confirmation of version information - that was very useful in tracking this down.

Time to upgrade I believe :smiley:

Cheers,

Richie

Archived