NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ST with built-in flattener

Most Petzval designs tend to be expensive. I think Bresser did bring out a Petzval 152mm F/5 some time back, but the newer models seem to be simple doublets. There are several suppliers of smaller quadruplets, some of which initially had problems with pinched optics. but that seems to be sorted, AFAIK

I have this BIEST :happy11: TSAPO71Q and it is a light machine (f4.9).. and a lightweight (2KG) also and the best part about this quadruplets are, no need for an extra flattener or reducer and no need to stick to backfocus or calculate the backfocus as you must when you have a flattener or reducer involved, you just attach the CCD or EOS and focus until you have the perfect star and you are done..

1 minute ago, Coastliner said:

Thanks all, much appreciated. Looking at the Williams Optics ones, why is there a thermometer on the focuser? What use is it?

The thermometer looks cool and I find it useful for judging cool down time..

Alan

Archived