NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Andromeda Work In Progress

blinky

Well after bragging I have the remote all setup ready to go....it took me 2.5hrs before I could getthe first image tonight!

First up was the finder must have been knocked and I could not find any stars!

Then the alignment would not work

Then the remote decided to have ago slow

Anyway I finally got it all working and spent ages getting Andromeda in the centre and trying to get the focus bang on. As I type it is running a batch job but Deep Sky Stacker live have combined the first 2 images. Thought I would post this, quite pleased with it so far....No darks, flats etc just 2X 5min exposures. Little tweak to levels/curves in Photoshop.

8667_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Does anybody know what the small red 'scratch' like marks are accross the image? I am thinking it may be due to the dark frames not being exact?

I left it stacking last night but these marks were everywhere this morning when I did a stretch on it. I did include 1X 10min sub that had no dark frame, I have taken this out and left it stacking so hopefully this will resolve it.....

Should have the image finished sometime this evening :smiley:

Archived