NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What I really want for Christmas .... (data)

AlistairW

I was thinking ... there are few great astro books coming out in time for Christmas, and I am really looking forward to Steve's "Dark Art or Magic Bullet " book. However as Steve says, astrophotography is a two stage process, the acquisition and the processing. Unfortunately my library of data is limited (queue the excuses of family and work etc.) ... and I would really love to improve my processing, but having limited data is a bind (I even have Adam Block's tutorials!). But has anyone ever thought of sharing their data publically, or to be honest I would be perfectly happy buying decent data for a fair price just to learn skills in lieu of my own data at the moment ? - Gap in the market, or just not feasible?

Alistair

16 minutes ago, AlistairW said:

I was thinking ... there are few great astro books coming out in time for Christmas, and I am really looking forward to Steve's "Dark Art or Magic Bullet " book. However as Steve says, astrophotography is a two stage process, the acquisition and the processing. Unfortunately my library of data is limited (queue the excuses of family and work etc.) ... and I would really love to improve my processing, but having limited data is a bind (I even have Adam Bock's tutorials!). But has anyone ever thought of sharing their data publically, or to be honest I would be perfectly happy buying decent data for a fair price just to learn skills in lieu of my own data at the moment ? - Gap in the market, or just not feasible?

Alistair

try here https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dslr_astro_image_processing/info they have challenges to download and try processing ,join the group then go to Files ,scroll down until you see challenges txt (oct9 ) -download by clicking -open and you will see the challenges with relevant download link for each file,theres currently 51 challenges ,hope this helps. 

1 hour ago, bottletopburly said:

try here https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dslr_astro_image_processing/info they have challenges to download and try processing ,join the group then go to Files ,scroll down until you see challenges txt (oct9 ) -download by clicking -open and you will see the challenges with relevant download link for each file,theres currently 51 challenges ,hope this helps. 

Fabulous forum and great techniques to be gained. They also  use all the popular image processing software so you are not restricted.

Steve

Archived