Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Moon 13-11-17

johnfosteruk

29 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Very nice indeed. Those little Skymax scopes are really sharp. Thinking of getting something like that as a grab'n'go lunar imaging scope

Thanks Michael. I bought this from Jules for a grab'n'go for lunar but it's turned in to my every day lunar :)

If/when I go bigger it may well be to a skymax 150.

18 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Nicely done John, did you get any planets at dawn ? I was going to but had to go to bed a 3.00am :)

Dave

I did, pointless imaging planets with the DSLR mate but I did get some wide shots and good views. 2 planets in the same eyepiece fov is a unique experience :) Here's a time-lapse.

Jupiter-Venus-Conjunction.thumb.gif.795b465f6b0e2562c0167de3769b9780.gif

3 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

Thanks Michael. I bought this from Jules for a grab'n'go for lunar but it's turned in to my every day lunar :)

If/when I go bigger it may well be to a skymax 150.

I am considering the Vixen VMC 110 L. Has a good reputation, is very light. At F/9.4 it is relatively fast too for a (modified) Maksutov.

10 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

I did, pointless imaging planets with the DSLR mate but I did get some wide shots and good views. 2 planets in the same eyepiece fov is a unique experience :) Here's a time-lapse.

Jupiter-Venus-Conjunction.thumb.gif.795b465f6b0e2562c0167de3769b9780.gif

Excellent, I new I should have just stayed up all night damit :grin:

Dave

Archived