NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC405

souls33k3r

Still lots to learn about processing but here's my humble attempt on this target

5a08acc9ea640_flaingstar.thumb.jpg.711df94dfcca52da9d6e68416b602ed3.jpg

Equipment Used:
--------------------------
Scope: William Optics Star 71 II
Guiding: QHY miniGuidescope Kit & QHY5L-II Mono
Mount: Skywatcher NEQ6 Pro
Camera: ZWO ASI1600MM-Cool
Filters: Astronomik 6nm (Ha, SII, OIII)
Total Integration: (11.5hrs)
---------------------------------------------
Ha: 8hrs
OIII: 30 min
SII: 3hrs
Calibration Frames:
--------------------------------
100 Darks, Bias and 50 Flats
Hope you like it

Just now, knobby said:

Very nice , glad it's all coming together.

Cheers @knobby. It's a cracking little scope and a very good camera. What this image certainly lacks is processing which i'm only getting used to now. There was so much going on that i really had to tame all the weirdness. I wanted to spend more time on this image but given how many clear nights we've had, i thought i'd make do with what i've got. Still lots to learn.

2 minutes ago, nucdoc said:

Very nice Image!

Would love to give it a try myself, but for now it is too low for me, maybe later in the season

Mark

Many thanks for liking this image @nucdoc. It sure is a gorgeous object and one that deserves much more than what i was able to achieve. 

Will be looking forward to your version on this :) Good luck.

13 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Similar combination to myself. Nice job you've done too. How does your histogram look? Background looks a little black on my screen.

Thanks @Allinthehead, i didn't clip any black points, just played with the curves. I know the background looks a little black but then i personally like it a little black :)

Archived