Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

To improve my NB processing skills I thought I'd attempt the Wizard Nebula.

The image below is a bi-colour with Ha mapped to red and OIII mapped to blue and green. Since I didn't like the initial colours, I experimented with the Hue until I achieved colours that I liked for the nebula and star field.

Processed in Photoshop CC, CCDstack and PI, the image consists of 30min unguided subs and was taken with my Esprit 150 mounted on my GM1000HPS. 

Alan

59f82f8ab0d7a_20.Finaljpg.thumb.jpg.78f515e3a9fa7210b276a530d0bcaa73.jpg

LIGHTS: 16 Ha, 11 OIII x 1800s. DARKS: 30, FLATS:40, BIAS:100 all at -20C.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.