NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Deep and Dark Theophilus

mightymonoped

Thanks all :smiley::bino2:

Jon, I use a standard ToUcam Pro II, although it is usually reflashed to use Colour-optimised non-raw mode (using WcRMac tool).

For this shot I used the best 250/1200 frames captured at 10fps using QCFocus.I Multi point alignment processed (MAP) the avi on 4 points using Registax 4.Wavelets setting was around 20 and 30 on 2 and 3 (Gaussian).Saved as TIF file and processed in CS2 as follows:-

Keep original frame as reference but create 2 duplicates (dupe1 and dupe2)Apply invert to dupe2 and then apply Gaussian blur of 10.Select dupe1 and Apply Image (Selecting Dupe2 using Overlay at 75%)

I only use this technique with terminator shots as it helps to bring out the detail in the shadows without 'burning out' the brighter areas.

Then simply use Levels to adjust the brighter areas and mid-range contrast.

Finally, I applied a really minimal (3) Adaptive Noise Reduction using Image Analyzer.

Hope this is of some use.

Tony

Archived