Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Motorized autofocuser options for EdgeHD 8" & WO Star 71ii

Cheers for the pics Jonk.

It is solid, i'll give it that. Everything nicely enclosed within its bracket so besides its functionality which obviously gets good praise all around, the whole thing looks nicely made and you appreciate the work that has gone on to it. 

For me, the deciding factor is my SCT and I guess only lakeside is able to fulfill my needs here. 

I really could've gone either way by choosing this if I'm being honest.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please do pardon my ignorance, when buying the extra stepper motor for my EdgeHD, IK has a few options:

(1) just stepper motor

(2) bracket and the coupler 

(3) stepper motor, bracket and coupler.

Am I correct that I need to choose the option (3) right?  

11 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

Please do pardon my ignorance, when buying the extra stepper motor for my EdgeHD, IK has a few options:

(1) just stepper motor

(2) bracket and the coupler 

(3) stepper motor, bracket and coupler.

Am I correct that I need to choose the option (3) right?  

Yes then if you want to fit it to a different scope you'll just need the bracket and shaft coupler.

Dave

Cheers @Davey-T, slightly confused here. I am buying the full kit for my WO which will include the hand controller, stepper, bracket and coupler and then for my edgehd i'm only buying Stepper, Coupler and Bracket right? 

I'm not looking to switch the stepper motor from one scope to another unless that is what is recommended by you guys?

46 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Cheers @Davey-T, slightly confused here. I am buying the full kit for my WO which will include the hand controller, stepper, bracket and coupler and then for my edgehd i'm only buying Stepper, Coupler and Bracket right? 

I'm not looking to switch the stepper motor from one scope to another unless that is what is recommended by you guys?

No just saves £30.00 or so :)

Dave

Just go for it, you won’t regret it. Indeed, you will wonder why you didn’t do it ages ago. Once you have gone through the pain of setting it all up that is!

Yes, go for your option 3, extra stepper, bracket & coupler. That way it is really easy to swap scopes. It does seem a right pill to have to pay even more for the EdgeHD bracket, but you are a rare breed and can be happy in the knowledge that it is reassuringly expensive!

Yes, I leave the mirror locks unlocked, not completely undone, but loosened off a couple of turns. I haven’t noticed any flop issues. It is probably advisable to refocus after a meridian flip though. 

Good luck with it all and I hope it all arrives quickly. Nothing worse than waiting for new kit!

Archived