NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lakeside focuser end connector help required

swag72

I have 2 Lakeside focusers that end in bare wires. For now this is fine as I have a power pack that has a screw in connector for bare wires. I'd like to put a cigarette lighter plug on the end of them instead. I've looked on Ebay and googled without success so I don't even know if what I want is out there.

Is there a cigarette lighter plug that has some sort of push fit connectors that will have a + and - connector so that I can literally just plug the plug on the end of my 2 bare cables? I know I have a red and a black wire coming from the Lakeside, so I need to know which one I am putting into the cigarette plug end........ 

1 minute ago, swag72 said:

I have 2 Lakeside focusers that end in bare wires. For now this is fine as I have a power pack that has a screw in connector for bare wires. I'd like to put a cigarette lighter plug on the end of them instead. I've looked on Ebay and googled without success so I don't even know if what I want is out there.

Is there a cigarette lighter plug that has some sort of push fit connectors that will have a + and - connector so that I can literally just plug the plug on the end of my 2 bare cables? I know I have a red and a black wire coming from the Lakeside, so I need to know which one I am putting into the cigarette plug end........ 

Only ever seen soldered on ones, FLO do complete cables.

Dave

1 hour ago, steppenwolf said:

These are the ones I use, they have screw connectors so no soldering required!

They are a bit cheap, (sorry Steve) these are superb and watertight when inserted and  of marine quality...with screw in connectors, 8 amp,  this link is out of stock but they are available elsewhere on eBay.. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Motorcycle-Marine-Quality-Twist-n-Lock-Accessory-Power-Plug-8A-max/291171331824?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Archived