Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The waiting....the anticipation....one more tent to go

Tim

I might just be the last astronomer left at Kelling Heath after the star party.

A clear sky is forecast and looking likely, but all the weekend campers turned up today. They are just settling down, bit there are still some lights that need to die before the skies really clear.  Have already politely asked one family to extinguish their fairy lights when turning in.

Here's hoping for an all nighter, I have my 18"dob and 6" imaging setup on standby.....

C'mon Kelling, one more night please!

150672469770835487595.jpg

Yay! All lights off at the top end of the field,  quite a result. Had to go over to yellow field to get one turned off though, luckily it had a switch underneath the lamp so the sleeping occupants are blissfully unaware. 

Moon is about to set.....time for a coffee!

It has just clouded over, but not before a decent session.

Especially nice was the view of NGC 891 in my 10mm eyepiece, a good clean dust lane, pronounced central glow, and overall bewitchingyness! Also viewed the western Veil, M52, M1, NGC 7331, M31, M32 and M110, M45 in particular Merope, and was just about to settle down to good old Orion when the clouds came in.

That's it for this year at Kelling Heath then, until November at least.

Archived