Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2 pieces of kit that I am trying to find

Mel

Hi

After my rant over the DSI (see below), I am trying to source a low-profile replacement nose cone to eliminate the light leak that is inherent in the design of this item.

I am also looking for a 1 inch long, 1 1/4 inch diameter eyepiece barrel extension to enable me to make the dsi parfocal with a suitable (any) eyepiece in a flip mirror arrangement.

Any pointers are welcomed - atm I can only find these items on sale from US suppliers - scopestuff has 'em both.

http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_epe2.htm

http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_dsif.htm

Cheers,

Iain

Fair points Iain and obviously a UK supplier would be preferred but I can't recall having seen one for those two items. TBH the shipping will be peanuts (you'll probably save the difference in shipping on the cheaper USA prices) and they aren't really the type of items that can malfunction for break to need sending back. :D

Cool - should've thought of epsilon - I remember now they supplied my ETX90 viewfinder breakout bracket some years back - useful accessory that, actually made the (finder)scope useable. That low profile DSI bracket looks to be just what I really need - I hate having to put that filter holder in every time I am using it (for guiding) and I never use the filters anyway.

I appreciate your comments Gaz and I agree with you, I just wanted to find some additional sources closer to home - I saw scopestuff email the quote to you after putting together an order, so I'm going to go and do that now I've something to compare it with!

Thanks guys for the replies. :cheers:

Iain

Archived