SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Sun in Ha - 23-09-17

PhotoGav

A couple of shots from yesterday, 23-09-17. Conditions were far from ideal with a lot of cloud / haze. I apologise for the horrible highlight at the top of the full disk - not sure where that came from?! However, I am much happier with the result I have managed with my combination of surface and prominences with the full disk. No joy today - cloud and more cloud...

Sol-2017-09-23-fulldisk-3.thumb.png.1e9c4b44cc0085f27979b2761df4257a.png

Sol-2017-09-23-CloseUp-2-01.thumb.png.85bc38e25b7f64d6ea9b2c683e4f5f64.png

Further apologies for the muck at the top of the close-up - a chip clean is required!

Nice one Gav, I had a bash at it today too but seeing was pretty bad so I don't think I'm going to get anything good from the data, the chip on mine is spotless although the Barlow I used were pretty spotty plus in Ha there's something there too which is somewhat frustrating. I don't fancy pulling apart an Ha scope to clean it....

Cheers Tich. Yeah, cleaning is a pill and my ZWO seems to be a right dust-magnet. I’m not sure that dismantling a Lunt is a good plan! Anyway, I also wanted to add that you are majorly responsible for my purchase of the Lunt. I was mightily impressed with your little Lunt at the SGL party last year. Talking of which, I look forward to seeing you there in a few weeks!

2 hours ago, PhotoGav said:

Cheers Tich. Yeah, cleaning is a pill and my ZWO seems to be a right dust-magnet. I’m not sure that dismantling a Lunt is a good plan! Anyway, I also wanted to add that you are majorly responsible for my purchase of the Lunt. I was mightily impressed with your little Lunt at the SGL party last year. Talking of which, I look forward to seeing you there in a few weeks!

That's it blame me lol I bet yours is posher than mine though lol, yeah SGL is only a few weeks away now can't wait!!

Archived