SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tilt,coma or colimation?

spillage

Hi All,

I am just trying to save some time in working out the issue I am having. I am using a baader cc with my 130pds. I am right in thinking this is a combo of tilt and colimation or have I got my coma at the wrong distance. I understand if tilt is an issue it will throw things off a bit.

Any help or advice would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Spill.

coma.jpg

I ran an image through ccd inspector but not really sure what it all means.

Min FWHM: 3.76px

Max FWHM: 5.57px

Curvature: 41.1%

Tilt in X: -1.3px

Tilt in Y: -0.4px

Total Tilt: 29% @155  Arrow pointing at about 10 o'clock

Collimation: 8.9px (not sure if this is good)

Thank you both for your input. I am going to have to spend some time finding out if 16.9% curvature is acceptable or if this can be improved on. As it stands I have know idea. The initial image and results were of my errors. Putting the 2" filter between the t2 and cc and not realizing that in the dark I had caught the power lead to the camera between it and the focuser. 

cheers

Spill.

I have only just got a new baader t2 and it showed the filter behind the nose piece so I thought I would try it with the cc. So I moved to in front of the cc and took another image with is the second ccd inspector report.

The t2 does a really good job compared to my old generic ones but still not found out if the curvature reading is good or bad.

Archived