NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 7822 SHO Hubble/Sharpless 171

Rudeviewer

Here is the full narrowband 7822/sharpless 171. This data was a bit easier to process, not sure the magenta in the middle was what i was headed towards, but that's what the colors gave me. This image now consists of around 10 hours of 20 min subs.  Processed in pixinsight and finished up in photoshop.  Used the HA as a lum since it was fairly clean.  I do have a few gradients to work out that i couldn't get rid of easily.  I am sure i have over saturated it, but thats kinda my style i like color.  Any constructive criticism welcome.

Please click on the image to have it shown correctly.  it shows as hazy, dull and not as sharp until clicked on.  

7822 SHO hubble pallet#1 - PS.png

1 minute ago, Rudeviewer said:

I over saturated it, kinda my style i guess.  However i do want to see what less saturation would look like next to this one.  I will post one up.

Saturated or not, still looks good.. a comparison will be good...

Really great image! Congratulations.

Particularly interesting to me since I just imaged the same object in RGB (see recent post). Amazing how different it looks in NB compared to RGB. By the way yours is upside-down:icon_biggrin:

23 minutes ago, gorann said:

Really great image! Congratulations.

Particularly interesting to me since I just imaged the same object in RGB (see recent post). Amazing how different it looks in NB compared to RGB. By the way yours is upside-down:icon_biggrin:

Lol, I have seen so many different orientations of this image its crazy!!  I like this one because it looks like a skull looking down and to the left.  

I like your image as well being its RGB instead of Narrowband.  I would like to have your star colors here in my image.  Maybe ill look into some RGB for the star colors.  

Here is one that isn't overdone rather just processed in pixinsight and not oversaturated in photoshop like i am used to doing.  Tried the less is more approach.  A small high pass filter to sharpen the image at the end. 

7822 SHO Hubble #2 - PS.png

Archived