SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello! I traveled to the USA with my partner to witness "The Great American Eclipse", as the locals called it. We first spent a few days in New York and then went on a roadtrip down to Nashville. Two friends joined us there, and we ended up going to Gallatin, Tennessee to watch and photograph the event. We set up our gear on a Walmart parking lot hours before the eclipse to avoid any possible traffic jams. The weather was great, and we saw the eclipse from start to finish. I photographed it using a Canon EOS 60D, 300/4L and a Star Adventurer tracking mount. I controlled the camera with Eclipse Orchestrator, so I wouldn't have to spend time fiddling with the camera during totality. Here are some of the photos I took. You can find more photos at http://www.samulivuorinen.com/

IMG_1743-X2.jpg

IMG_1677-X2.jpg

IMG_1670-X2.jpg

IMG_1668_noflare-X2.jpg

IMG_1580-X2.jpg

baily-composite-X2.jpg

Just looked at these on our big screen. They look amazing, particularly the last, the diamonds are sparkling so much on the pink bands. The 4th is unusual as well with what I presume is a star in the frame. A wonderful set. :) 

36 minutes ago, Scooot said:

Just looked at these on our big screen. They look amazing, particularly the 4th, the diamonds are sparkling so much on the pink bands. The 4th is unusual as well with what I presume is a star in the frame. A wonderful set. :) 

Thank you! And yes, that is indeed a star, Regulus.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived