Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WILD DUCK CLUSTER M11

The recent topic on M13 lead me to have a try at M11 a neglected object possibly because of the lower altitude of Dec -06.16. At least it is due south around 10 pm. Conditions were very good with a little sky glow on the night of the 15Th. Equipment is Bresser Messier F5 Refractor. Eq6 mount unmodified DSLR at the focal plane. One shot no processing. The thing is would I have improved the results if the camera had been modified ?Exposure time 80 secs...................Dave599577280028c_BresserWildDuckM11005.thumb.jpg.767f4ea7da4e8666d10a3e058167b26e.jpg

Hi. Nice shot. It's a good target for a non-modified dslr and I don't think there is anything to gain by using a modified camera.

You could make it really good by taking several shots and stacking them. The advantage you have is that the Bresser refractors have nice flat fields; no need for expensive correctors and flatteners. HTH.

Archived