Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which Power tank

32 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

And in the cold the voltage will drop off to? Temperature plays havoc on batteries in the cold..

If you use rechargeable batteries with these mounts you are starting with around 4.8V and temperature could reduce this even further, I have had a good look at the circuitry and done some measurements and it should cope with this however there is no protection against over voltage.

Alan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never had a problem with the Li battery but I do take a bit of care with it. I never leave it to charge without being in and it is always charged on a solid surface - kitchen work top, but never had any reason to have concern. Even after a few hours it is never warm but is charged. Maybe I chose a decent one.

As said the other one I have is a Tracer, and they have a car charge/power connection lead. If I want less the 12v from that I use one of these:

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/regulated-car-power-adapter-1a-with-6-charging-tips-l17ar

It gets plugged into the Tracer cable and set to the desired voltage.

The tracer batteries are used by a good number of people here but as mentioned previously the cost is on the high side.

2 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

If you use rechargeable batteries with these mounts you are starting with around 4.8V and temperature could reduce this even further, I have had a good look at the circuitry and done some measurements and it should cope with this however there is no protection against over voltage.

Alan

Don't know how a mounts going to run off 3AAA batteries(ok that's only 4.5v)..how do you then power the dewbands etc..

Archived