NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Optical Wonder Fluid - Cloth

Cleaning a Newtonian mirror isn't difficult. Remember, you aren't cleaning the aluminised surface, you are cleaning the silicon dioxide overcoat (assuming it is a well-made mirror). 

Fill a bowl with water (use distilled water if you live in a hard-water area) and add a drop or two of mild liquid detergent.

Use a cup to run the water over the mirror surface then wet some surgical cotton-wool balls in the water and gently wipe the mirror clean - keep changing the cotton balls. 

Rinse the mirror off with clean water then set the mirror on its edge on some paper towels (to absorb the moisture) to dry. Easy :smile: 

Steve Richards (Steppenwolf here at SGL) posted a video of him cleaning a mirror on YouTube, I'll see if I can find it. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, faulksy said:

you won't be saying that in a couple of weeks when you through yours in the hedge :headbang:

LoL I hope the hedges are clean ? I will take some Baader wonder hedge cleaner with me.

Archived