NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

StarLight Live V3.3 command line parameters on Windows 10

Jim Smith

I have had some success with command line parameters when launching SLL 3.3 on my OS X macbook.

I thought I would explore the possibility of using my Windows 10 Surface as an alternative or back-up.

When I run SLL v3.3 on my Surface It appears as a small, scrunched-up mess. However, I believe using the '-platform windows:dpiawareness=0' argument will fix this. Sadly I can't persuade SLL to take any notice of my command line parameters.

My batch file with contents...

C:\"Program Files"\Sll33\StarlightLive.exe -platform windows:dpiawareness=0 -prepend-title-text jim

...runs SLL but there is no difference to when I leave the command line parameters off.

I think I must be doing something wrong! Any ideas?

I can't comment on either StarLight Live or the dpiawareness argument but the structure that I would use in my batch file would be slightly different from yours and this *may* have an affect:-

start "" "C:\Program Files\Sll33\StarlightLive.exe " -platform windows:dpiawareness=0 -prepend-title-text jim

16 minutes ago, Helen said:

We crossed!  Pleased to see success ?.  Can you explain to a numpty how I need to do this please??

Thanks

Helen

Hi Helen,

Use a text editor like 'Notepad' and copy in the code I posted above. Save the file somewhere convenient with a recognisable name BUT with the extension .bat rather than .txt

If you now run the new file (known as a 'batch' file'), it will carry out the actions in the code.

HTH

Helen, thanks to Steve, my .bat file now contains the following single line...

start "" "C:\Program Files\Sll33\StarlightLive.exe" -platform windows:dpiawareness=0

(I created a .txt file with Notepad and renamed it to .bat) (Also notice that my StarlightLive.exe may be in a different folder to yours!)

When I double click on the .bat file it gives me the nicer version as shown below. If I just launch SLL 3.3 in the normal way I get the squished version, also shown below. 

after.PNG

before.PNG

• 1 month later...

You don't need to create a new batch file.  You can just add the command line parameter to your existing Starlight Live shortcut.  Just add the necessary parameter to the end of the line in the "Target" box of the shortcut icon.

Right click the Shortcut icon to Starlight Live and select "Properties"

Add a space to the end of the string in the Target box and then add -platform windows:dpiawareness=0 

Then click "OK"

Your program will always launch with that parameter.

Archived