Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY first light.

simmo39

Hi all, well I managed to get 20 mins outside to give my QHY 10 a first light test. Nothing special but just a test and problem solving test. so here is M 57. 20 mins of data. Happy I got an image but not happy with one problem. If you look at the second image i have big coma problem. The thing is I had a CC fitted!.Its the one I fitted to my DLSR and it worked fine on that. Is this a spacing thing?

35372830433_566fef683b_b.jpg

And here is the problem shot.

36010395742_7eaa22362d_b.jpg

thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

At a guess, it looks like it. Can you compare the sensor distances between DSLR and the QHY10?

I belive the canon sensor distance is about 44mm the QHY 10 is 20mm. Im trying to find out what the best spacing is meant to be. 

An update, think I have it sorted. those wonderfull people At FLO have helped me out! brill

Generally, coma correctors are placed 55 mm from the sensor. A dslr has its sensor about 45 mm from the flange. The t2 adapter adds 10 mm. For the ccd, you need extension rings to get to 55mm

21 hours ago, simmo39 said:

I belive the canon sensor distance is about 44mm the QHY 10 is 20mm. Im trying to find out what the best spacing is meant to be. 

An update, think I have it sorted. those wonderfull people At FLO have helped me out! brill

Thanks Wimvb. Think Im sorted now, just waiting for spacers to arrive, and then another clear night!

Sorry to jump in be can I ask. If I buy the baader cc should I buy the visual kit or do you need to buy the spacers separately? I currently have a dslr but at some point would like to move to ccd. 

Cheers

Spill

3 hours ago, spillage said:

Sorry to jump in be can I ask. If I buy the baader cc should I buy the visual kit or do you need to buy the spacers separately? I currently have a dslr but at some point would like to move to ccd. 

Cheers

Spill

With a dslr, you can attach the coma corrector to the t2 adapter and be good to go. With a ccd, you need to have extension rings to bring the corrector-to-sensor to 55 mm.

15 hours ago, spillage said:

Thanks so probably better to order the kit with the spaces to future proof.

I would first check the sensor distance for the camera. Adapters is like plumbing. There are so many different sizes, that whatever you have when you need something, it is most likely not to fit. And I saw that teleskop-service.de sell adjustable adapters. Might be worth checking out when you need it.

Archived