Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Removing Moonlite spacers?

Yes, you can remove them but you will need shorter bolts. When supplied new these focusers come with a bag of different length bolts to allow you to use whatever combination you need. I think I might have some if you need them as I no longer have a Moonlite.

I don't think you would need to shorten the draw tube unless it is the extra long one that you have. The standard 50mm draw tube should be ok, even without the spacers.

1 minute ago, DRT said:

Yes, you can remove them but you will need shorter bolts. When supplied new these focusers come with a bag of different length bolts to allow you to use whatever combination you need. I think I might have some if you need them as I no longer have a Moonlite.

I don't think you would need to shorten the draw tube unless it is the extra long one that you have. The standard 50mm draw tube should be ok, even without the spacers.

Thank you DRT. I just thought about the bolts!  If you don't need the bolts I would pay you for them.  

Most bino viewers need around 100mm inwards focuser travel to reach focus so it's worth checking that you will get that by removing the spacers. Plus you will need an extension tube to reach focus with eyepieces when not using the binoviewers.

No problem about removing the spacers of course but I just thought the above points are worth noting :icon_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, John said:

Most bino viewers need around 100mm inwards focuser travel to reach focus so it's worth checking that you will get that by removing the spacers. Plus you will need an extension tube to reach focus wiht eyepieces when not using the binoviewers.

No problem about removing the spacers of course but I just thought the above points are worth noting :icon_biggrin:

Thanks John. Currently the dob already needs an extension to get focus with an EP.  It's the 300pds OTA (configured for photography). So I figured it won't be too far away. I'll try it out later.

Archived