NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Milky Way 14th July

I think I must move to Quercy.  Haven't seen a sky like that in Haute-Garonne for quite a while.  Until tonight, coincidentally.  Must get back out.  Moon will soon be rising after superb views of Jupiter and Saturn this evening.  Lovely picture.  I'm as green as the Mekon with envy.

14 hours ago, Relpet said:

I think I must move to Quercy.  Haven't seen a sky like that in Haute-Garonne for quite a while.  Until tonight, coincidentally.  Must get back out.  Moon will soon be rising after superb views of Jupiter and Saturn this evening.  Lovely picture.  I'm as green as the Mekon with envy.

LOL Thanks. It's been unusually cloudy here of  late, so was pleased to get a nice clear spell.

13 hours ago, Daniel-K said:

Hi Dave when you shot this did you turn AWB off?

Hi Danny, no AWB always on my camera never think about it to be honest.

23 x 10 secs @ 16mm - ISO2500 stacked in DSS tweeked in DXO and PSP

12 hours ago, davefrance said:

Hi Danny, no AWB always on my camera never think about it to be honest.

23 x 10 secs @ 16mm - ISO2500 stacked in DSS tweeked in DXO and PSP

try using manual WB set it to a cooler tone about 4500K I've found when shooting the night sky gives a better result and easier to work with in post

10 hours ago, Daniel-K said:

try using manual WB set it to a cooler tone about 4500K I've found when shooting the night sky gives a better result and easier to work with in post

Thanks I'll give it a try

Kudos for managing to take anything on the night of the 14th/15th. I did sit and contemplate the Milky Way but was a bit too 'flakey' to consider getting out the photo gear, still I did manage to resolve the question about whether we live in a goldfish type bowl. ;)

Archived