Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik 16200 - This should beat the heat!

RayD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/15/2017 at 12:51, RayD said:

Yes I wasn't convinced with them Rich.  The heat shrink is the water tight stuff, which has a small amount of adhesive inside which melts and adheres when you heat it.

Hi Ray,

Where did you get the water tight heat shrink tube from with the adhesive as I am having to make up new cables at the moment?

BTW If anyone is looking for the Lynx Cable that FLO sell made up then you can buy it in 50m length from www.lapplimited.lappgroup.com the specification is Offlex Code 0046001 2 x 0.75

I've managed to buy some right angled USB adapters from Fleabay, they were just a couple of quid each but should help keep things tidy: -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pcs-Female-Right-Angle-90-to-Mini-5-Pin-Male-Adapter-Connectors-USB-2-0-JX/142500435295

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-USB-2-0-B-Male-to-USB-B-Female-Right-Angle-Printer-Port-Adapter-L-Shape-H2/253014237259

Hope that helps anyone.

31 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

Hi Ray,

Where did you get the water tight heat shrink tube from with the adhesive as I am having to make up new cables at the moment?

I use this stuff from Amazon.  So far it has worked really well, and whilst not tested in anger as such (stuff dripping wet) I see no reason why it should fail.

Thanks for the other info.  Very useful.

21 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

Thanks Ray, just ordered some, just need to sort some right angle 2.1mm power connectors.

No problem.  These are the connectors I use.  They have been go so far, and with the heat shrink over the ends it tidies them up nicely.

Archived