Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 7/11/2017 from a smartphone

Ahgii

So the conditions were good a few days ago so i decided to image jupiter, because i had a new camera app that would let me take custom exposure videos, so i didnt need a moon filter anymore, thus the picture had a more accurate color, and in my case, more detail. I was really happy with the results, but unfortunately i was not able to get rid of the chromatic aberration and i tried in photoshop, registax and even lightroom, but i could not get rid of it. Anyways i would like to hear some feedback, clear skies!

jupiter best attempt 2.jpg

1 hour ago, Red Dwarfer said:

Excellent result ! If it was mine I`d try it in Lightroom 5 and click on the blue colour option and just move that slider down to remove the blue . 

Messed around with it a little, still have some traces of blue but i cant defringe those. What do u think?

1 hour ago, Ahgii said:

Messed around with it a little, still have some traces of blue but i cant defringe those. What do u think?

Yes , seems to work ! Great what you can do with a smartphone , I will have to give it a try too ...

PS I can`t see any blue in there now , maybe a hint of green ( might be some aliens ) wonder how it would change if you moved up the yellow and orange as well . 

If you want to get good results it's necessary to use a manual camera app, in my case i use procam4. And when you will film the planet you wont get much detail, but if you want to get good results you should be able to see a bit of detail in the unprocessed video. For phone astrophotography editing can do wonders!

8 hours ago, Stu said:

Great shot Ahgii! Not easy to do at all. Can you also post in my StuPOD thread so we keep adding to the pool of mobile images in one place?

Done. To submit my post i basically need to reply to the thread right? I saw some ppl do that so i think thats how it's supposed to be done.

Just now, GoodOleJim said:

What camera app are you using? As a person who also does all of his photography through camera phones, I'm looking for an app like this!

ProCam4, i got it for like 2 euros off apstore.

Archived