SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher Startravel 102 AZ 3

Unfortunately adding a barlow isn't ignored in exit pupil calculation I only found that out recently. When you hold binoculars up just inside use a normal lit room move the binoculars away from your eyes at about a foot away you will notice two circles of small light on the end of each eye area that is showing the exit pupil size of those binoculars.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, happy-kat said:

Unfortunately adding a barlow isn't ignored in exit pupil calculation I only found that out recently. When you hold binoculars up just inside use a normal lit room move the binoculars away from your eyes at about a foot away you will notice two circles of small light on the end of each eye area that is showing the exit pupil size of those binoculars.

Doh! Can't believe I have never thought about that. Everyday is a school day after all :thumbsup:

I find with my mini mak which is f10 I am a waggle head when I use the 10mm trying to find where to put my eye to view the image with the stock 10mm.

I got the spreadsheet idea off another member's thread and found it useful so I made one. If you look at the eyepiece case thread you'll see a variety of choices, I've gone for a mix and match some get sets I guess there is no right or wrong and buying second hand really helps with price. This was the thread link

58 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

I find with my mini mak which is f10 I am a waggle head when I use the 10mm trying to find where to put my eye to view the image with the stock 10mm.

I discovered that with the C90 last night! Quite hard finding out what works for each EP.

Archived